
Well- the moral of the story is "never take the #5 bus". Clary and I decided to take a self guided tour of Santa Fe. We left at about 10:30 am and started walking to the museum of fine arts "museo de bella artes". We walked and walked and walked (almost like the pioneer song), and sweat and sweat and sweat some more. (If I haven't mentioned already, it is recordly hot here in Santa Fe- it should be winter, but it is no where near winter weather- how lucky we are to mostly have brought winter clothes). Well we found some cool stores on the way, and I tried on a one piece bathing suit (that looked like from the olden days). We checked out the "casa de gobierno" (government house) full with pigeons and people. (The picture is taken from there). We finally made it to the museum at 12:20- and guess what time it closed- 12!!! Haha, well we heard it closed at 1- but Rita (our new friend) let us in anyways and gave us a tour. She liked saying "yes" and everything else she said was in spanish. We learned a lot from her, but what we didn't learn correctly was how to go back home on a bus. I led us astray and we took a #5 bus heading way far out of the city, so we realized it, jumped off, and found our way back to a familiar bus stop- but the #5 was coming so I said, hey lets take this one... (again we got lost)-so we ended up just walking home! No more #5 buses for us!
2 comments:
So you have a musuem friend. Now get a bus friend:)
AWWW..so glad you made it back home safe. Being lost can be scary. Lesson's leard though!
You are so funny Amy, a bus friend..but true.
MK
Post a Comment